Thursday, March 15, 2012

Smoothie obsessed

What is it about smushed up fruit that just tastes SO DAMN GOOD?!

My mum makes smoothies every morning. She got me hooked on this tasty morning treat. But I didn't have a blender. Then one day my dad piped up and said, "Oh, I've got one!" ::opens mouth:: Way to hold out, dad!

Since having been gifted his amazing blender two weeks ago, I've purchased a ton of fruits and blended the bejeezus out of them into the tastiest creations.

No recipes involved. I just pick whatever fruits I think would go well out of the fridge, cut them into smaller pieces, throw them in the blender and wham - super smoothie. They're so good I even brought some to work the other day in a Pyrex mug because we had run out of the clean travel kind. I'm obsessed.

So far, my favorite combinations have been banana kiwi blueberry apple (top left) and strawberry mango banana (bottom right.) I've found a banana is key to smoothie smoothness and a splash of whatever juice you've got helps the blending process and thins out the smoothie just enough.

What other combinations are out there? Any smoothie tips? I can't wait to make more!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing!!!! You are brilliant! Fantastic post! Have a brill day!

    www.the-white-list.co.uk

    ReplyDelete