Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Plate-lickin' good

Today, I licked my plate clean. Truth!
We have been growing basil since ... the begining of March? It's been facinating watching it grow so much each day and it still amazes us when we return home after being away for a few days at just how much our basil plants, specifically, have grown!
Because one plant is finally at a large enough point where Sean feels comfortable taking a handful of leaves (Shhh.. I took some a few weeks ago!) he made pesto tonight. And not just basil and olive oil. Oh no, he made the real deal. He combined handfuls of fresh basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and parm cheese together in a food processor and made the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. He poured it over pasta and grilled chicken and OH MAN was it good! I'm pretty sure dinner took him about 20 minutes to make, tops. And about 8 minutes for me to promptly eat. And lick the plate clean. Om nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment