Friday, November 11, 2011

I STILL EXIST!

Hi blog world! I still exist!

The nor'easter that knocked over Western Mass kept me quiet for a while as we did not have power and when it did return to us, we housed family who were cold and without! As a newspaper editor-in-chief and reporter, I was out and about speaking to residents  about their experience. On top of that, our regular correspondent has been out for back surgery, so it really was just all my own hands on deck recording this October oddity.

This past week, Mum had to have a blood transfusion because I guess chemo has made her anemic. Needless to say, I've been tired and running myself ragged between work, taking care of my Mum and squeezing in time with Sean during our legit opposite work schedules.
A great stress reliever was an unexpected visit from our college friends last Sunday! We hiked, found dinosaur fossils (not discovered, just visited them in nature) and ate a boatload of sushi -literally. The sushi joint around the corner offers large parties a gigantic boat platter to serve their sushi. It's always been a goal of mine to order enough to require a boat. SUCCESS!

A lot of baking and thrifting have happened in the past two weeks. Sean and I attended an estate sale with my Dad and we found an amazing victorian loveseat which I wish so badly I could take from my Dad's antique shop and put in my apartment! No room, though. Aw shucks.

We're prepared for snow again, are keeping the Halloween decorations and Fall-ish centerpieces up until it's time for a Christmas tree and I found some funny clothes to fit Kali, my cat. Lately I've been obsessed with brooches more than ever (I LOVE this bow-tie one that I have) and wearing boots with every skirt and dress I own.

Last week, I was featured on Violet's blog for her "1,300 Things To Be Thankful For" feature (thank you, love!) and this week Elycia posted one of my Instagram photos on her blog in regard to her Stickygram giveaway. I'm crossing my fingers that I win!

         Where to find me!

  • On Violet's blog here.
  • On Elycia's blog here.
  • On Instagram via Gramfeed here


I promise to be a better blogger this coming week! :D

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mom - hope she feels better soon :)

    Your kitty in her outfit makes my day! I can't help it, I love animals in clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dad owns an antique shop??
    coolest thing i've heard all day.

    ReplyDelete